Tuesday, February 19, 2008

气球 (releasing balloons) (qi4qiu2 / balloon)

天灯不能随便地放,因为天灯里有火,可能引起火灾

风筝( flying kites) (feng1zheng1 / kite)

我有一次去101大楼的顶楼参观,看见有人在地面上放风筝,放到和大楼一样高。

引起火灾 (yin3qi3 huo3zai1 /cause fire disaster)
参观 (can1guan1 / visit (a place) )

2 comments:

Market Dragon said...

这个周末,我去了台北附近的平溪去参加放天灯的活动
This weekend, I went to Pingxi, in the vicinity of Taipei, to participate in a lantern releasing activity.

我和太太都把新年的愿望写在天灯上
I and my wife both wrote our new year's hopes on the lantern.
voc:
愿望(yuan4wang4)=希望( xi1wang4)

参加放天灯的人虽然很多,可是还不能说是人山人海,因为那天下雨,很多人都以为天灯怕雨,其实放天灯不怕下小雨。
Many people participated in the lantern launch, but because it was raining that day, you wouldn't say we were packed like sardines. Many people think that lanterns aren't waterproof, but actually lanterns can be launched even in a light rain.

Baldwin said...

你翻译得不错,谢谢!

now see if you can do the back-translation: (remember, the word order is not exactly the same in Chinese, try to render them into Chinese rather than word-to-word translation)

1. I went to Pingxi, in the vicinity of Taipei, to participate in a lantern releasing activity.

2. I and my wife both wrote our new year's hopes on the lantern.

3. In Pingxi, we were packed like sardines.

4. Many people think that lanterns aren't waterproof, but actually lanterns can be launched even in rain.